Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Bump: 40 weeks.

40 Weeks.

Yesterday was D-day...and no baby! (Even after trying ALL week to get my labor going! We tried spicy food, jumping jacks, lots of walking, etc. I've been having contractions off and on all week...and sometimes for whole days at a time...but haven't gone into labor yet.) But my parents did take us out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, so it felt like we celebrated something anyway.

Dr. Smith asked why this baby wasn't coming?! :0) She said that I was dilated to about a 2 1/2 and still 80% effaced...so a little progress since last week. We scheduled an induction date for next Tuesday morning but hope that this little guy will come before that on his own. I was hoping that he'd come on the 18th since it's my brother Matt's bday, but don't mind that he didn't come yesterday and hasn't come today (I guess the 19 & 20 of April have some pretty negative historic associations/events). But maybe tomorrow? :0)

Em flew out Sunday and my Dad flew out this morning...it was sad to see them to finish their stays and leave without having met Alexander :0( But I'm just having faith that the timing is in God's hands and is for good reason. I'm so glad that my Mom will at least be here FOR SURE for his birth. But I can't complain, baby or no baby, it was so nice having Em and Dad visit! I'll have to post more on that later.

As for my pregnancy, things are about the same. It does feel more and more laborious to walk around. Sometimes at the end of the day my body just feels exhausted. But generally I'm still sleeping really well and have enough energy to get me through each day...and to keep up with busy Miss Brie. That's a blessing!

Also, this is a frequent sight around our place...

...because these little beauties (my "Hobbit Feet" :0)) have taken to being swollen almost all the time! Putting them up doesn't seem to help a whole lot, but it's nice to give them a rest.




Last but not least...my daily calendar had this on it last weekend. I was being optimistic and thinking that meant that Alexander would come on Saturday or Sunday, but apparently it meant that babies are in charge. Should have known :0)

5 comments:

Lea said...

Hang in there Sarah, he'll come soon enough!

B said...

Sarah, you are beautiful. I am glad you are sleeping well and having energy enough for "busy Miss Brie." :) I've been thinking about you all the time, meaning to call and the days get away from me. :( I'm sorry. I love you! I am praying for you and your family.

Me and My Boys said...

Ahh I love it! Isn't that the truth, babies seriously do Rule, everything. Good Luck Sarah!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

You look so good, Sarah!

Denise said...

You still look great, even past your due date!