Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shoo Shoo Baby.

For the Ward Talent Show me and three other girls sang, "Shoo Shoo Baby," a cute little "war time" number from the 40's. (If you want to see a YouTube video of us performing, click here or here.)  We all decided to dress up for our number and I attempted doing victory rolls with my hair.  Harder than the youtube video made it look, but was fun to try.  It reminded me of a secret dream to someday be in a musical.  One with minimal acting..more dancing and singing...and more singing then dancing ;0)  I was an Indian in my high school's performance of "Peter Pan" and loved the dressing up and all that jazz.  Maybe someday...me and Bry?  One can dream :0)
Getting ready with Brie before the show.  The picture on the far left is my hair after the show.  I love how you can barely tell my hair was ever curled.   Gotta love the stick straight.
 

Me, Melissa, Dayna and Laura.

(I adjusted the settings on my camera then handed it to a friend to take pictures of our act.  I forgot to compensate for the spotlight we'd be under.  So these are a bit blown out, but make them look more vintage, right? ;0)

Speaking of Shoo Shoo Baby...I had to add a few pictures from Bry's act.  He could have been thinking "Shoo shoo kiddos!" but said that having the kids on stage with him actually put him at ease.  I was relieved to hear that!!  And just to reiterate that Brie and Alex going on stage was cute, but NOT planned.  It was really just me wanting to save myself the embarrassment of running up there and trying to corral Alex on stage ;0)  Plus, how could I not sit there and snap pictures of cute Bry handling the whole thing like a pro? :0) 

 
 Love this picture with the MC coming to grab a ever-squirming Alex.

 Me and my Rag Time Man ;0)

 Us and our little Show Stoppers :0)

I'm so glad that we finally participated in our ward talent show.  Bry did an excellent job, and I was proud of myself for dressing up and performing 9 months pregnant.  It definitely was out of my comfort zone and was an accomplishment.  Plus, Laura, Melissa and Dayna were so fun to practice and perform with!  Good times.

As a side note, the last few weeks I've listened to "Shoo Shoo Baby" dozens of times trying to learn my part.  Didn't realize that Brie and Alex were learning it too ;0)  By the time the talent show came around Brie practically had the whole thing memorized and when Alex heard either of us singing it he would chime in with "shoo shoo baby."  It's too cute! We joked about performing it next year as a family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're looking hot sweetie!