Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the Big 30!

 
 
{The Sunday before my birthday I commented on an adorable little birthday banner at my friend, Melissa's house.  Well Melissa, I mean a little bird told Cara (who was the mastermind behind the banner) ;0)So guess who came home to her very own birthday banner? delivered on her birthday and everything?!  WOW.  Can we say thoughtful?! I'm sure it will forevermore be our family's birthday banner-- it's WAY better than the Dollar Tree version I've been hanging up every year :0)}

On Ground Hog Day (2 Feb.) Rach and I turned 30!  It feels weird to leave behind the twenties, but it's honestly nice to see how much has happened and far I've come in the last decade.  And I'm excited to see what life and the Lord has in store for me these next ten years.

A quick rundown of my birthday must include: Bry & Brie making me a peach and raspberry streusel cake for breakfast * family snuggle time * Laura dropping off ground hog pudding cups :0) * officially 37 weeks AND full term * family outing to the Dollar Tree (Valentine's for Dr. Smith's office) * having lunch at Steak & Shake (the poor server-in-training dumping our waters ALL over us, but then 5 servers coming out with a chocolate chip cookie and "Happy Birthday" written in whipped cream, singing me Happy Birthday!) * getting pedicures with Laura (SO lovely!) * Bry & Brie doing a birthday present scavenger hunt for me * going to Cyrano's for dinner and connecting with my Sweetie * a SWEET card from Bry, listing out 30 of the reasons why he loves me * all the calls, cards, gifts, packages, voice mails, Facebook messages and texts that I got throughout the day * ground hog trifle with friends the following day *

Thank you to all of you who made my birthday SO special!  I'm excited to be 30 and for this next year ahead, and feel so blessed for the dear family and friends that I've been blessed with.  You make life worth living!

No comments: