From preschool to my freshman year of high school I participated in some sort of dance class. The majority of those years it was "Creative Dance" a BYU modern dance program for children. (Have I mentioned this before?) I LOVED it! Unfortunately when I was 11 I didn't get signed up in time to take the class and ended up doing a year of beginning ballet instead. That was kind of the official end of creative dance for me. I did audit a beginning modern dance class at BYU the semester after my mission, but haven't done much with it since. I was never an amazing dancer, but the desire to dance has never left. In fact many nights I dance in my dreams. If not in real life, at least I make it happen then :0)
In any case, I try to foster a love for dance, movement and music within my kids. It brings me joy to see them dance. A few weeks ago it was a beautiful Spring evening so we took a family stroll. Brie was flitting about, picking flowers, laying in the grass and dancing in the wind. It really was so joyful.



1 comment:
I love that you dance in your dreams, Sar. I always loved watching you dance. Did you know we've been thinking of enrolling Julia in that same creative dance group? I'd love to pick your brain more about that sometime. The pictures of Brie are just sweet. Hugs. :)
Post a Comment