Today was a harder day. Seems like there have been a lot of those lately. I have had an especially hard time with Alex. He THRIVES on doing what I tell him not to do and it gets under my skin. In any case, after the kids were in bed tonight, Bry was at bishopric meeting and the house was quiet (the kids actually went to sleep. yay!) I started sweeping the dirty floor. There is something about cleaning the kitchen floor that gets me waxing philosophic. The day was playing back in my mind; I looked at the food-strewn floor that had been swept a few hours earlier, I thought of cleaning up the kids' mess and needing to clean up
my "mess." Them spilling food on the floor is the equivalent of me losing my temper. I clean up their messes, the Lord helps to clean up my messes. I said a silent prayer, asking for forgiveness for the lack of patience I had had with Alex. Then the thought came to me that Alex is doing the best that he can. It may not feel that way, it may still be frustrating, but in his little 2 year old world he is sure trying hard. I think that needs to be my mantra, "they are doing their best!" Or maybe, "They are doing their best, YOU are doing your best, give yourselves a break, laugh and let it go!!" I think we'd all benefit from that train of thought ;0)
Note to self: We do have happy times
1 comment:
Beautiful, beautiful thought, Sarah. I hope it's okay that I'm adopting this mantra as my own too. :) And I loved the note to self at the end--so grateful for blogs that really help me remember those happy times too.
Post a Comment