Thursday, May 29, 2014

a Normal Map.

With Alex's transportation birthday AND the boys' new room in mind, I thought it'd be fun to make a map of Normal, Illinois.  It's main purpose will be for the kiddos to use to play with their cars and machines.  Alex gave it a test run on his birthday and LOVED it :0)  Plus the process of making it really helped to give me a better sense for the city.






I of course had to document the process ;0)
 Brie was my quiet time helper.  I traced the roads and she would fill them in with black paint. 

 Then we started adding parks and road signs.
 Alex & Brie zooming cars around after the first day of painting had dried.

 I even got Bry in on the fun (he's such a good sport!).  For one of our dates we filled in the rivers and lakes and blocked out major buildings (i.e. Aldi, Target, Walmart, ISU, State Farm).


Other than needing a layer of sealant,
 I think it's complete.

Normal, Illinois home of ISU, future career for Professor Graden.

No comments: