Wednesday, July 16, 2014

we both cried.

Brie, A few days ago I was kneeling by my bed praying to start my day.  I was asking what things would be most important to be focusing on.  The thought came to my mind that my concentrated time with you was quickly coming to a close as school approached.  I got up and started making a bucket list of things to do together during mother-daughter time.  Thinking of you, my little girl, being gone at Kindergarten all day made me emotional.  As soon as 7am came, I hurried into your room to greet you with a big hug.  I pulled you up on my lap so I could hold you and through tears told you the thought that had come to me while praying.  Letting out a big sob you replied, "I'm going to miss you so much too!"  For a minute or two we both sat there, you in my arms, and we cried.  (I knew how much I was going to miss you, but didn't know you felt the same way.)  All of a sudden you blurted out, "Mom you can come help in my class, don't forget!"  I think I am going to arrange it with Dad so I can come help every week or so.  That'll be great.  How grateful I am for you dear Brie.  My days are not going to be the same with you gone.  But, you will undoubtedly love school...and you can't stay small forever.  I love you, Bug.

No comments: