About a month ago we had a particularly long day with the kids on Sunday. Bry & I (and Uncle Tim) were all frazzled by the end of the day, and I was exclaiming how I thought that all parents should get every other weekend off. How are we supposed to get rejuvenated when our job is endless? The next day with similar questions on my mind, and while I was basking in one of Lij's many smiles, the thought came to me that it would be IN my kids that I would find energy and rejuvenation. Although important, no matter how much time away I sought, alone moments I found, GNOs I had, none of those things would consistently and sufficiently recharge me. But all of the little, frequent, joyful, enthusiastic moments with my children could. What a paradigm shift for me. It has helped me to try harder to live in those moments and soak them up...there is so much life to be had :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment