Yesterday I went in for a 1:30 appointment at the Brommen Hospital to get an ultrasound of my abdomen. I had been given instructions to eat a fat-free dinner and to fast for the 8 hours leading up to the appointment. Because I'm nursing Aimee still, I like to eat and am not used to missing meals, I set an alarm to get up at 5:00 to drink a green drink and eat a rice cake. Aimee beat the alarm and woke up around 4:30 to nurse. I got her back and bed and decided that maybe I'd just go eat then instead of sleeping for a few minutes and getting woken up by my alarm. Dad was awake at this point and said that he'd come down with me. (I just LOVE that man!) I tend to be cold in the winter, especially at night or the early morning so I reached for my hoodie and slipped it on before heading downstairs. As I put it on things were unusually dark. I couldn't even tell where Dad was and bumped in to him, commenting on how pitch black it was! Instantly I could see a lot more and Dad chuckled as he motioned to my hood, that my hoodie was on backwards and I'd inadvertently slipped my head in to the hood when I put it on and hadn't even realized it. He'd notice the mistake and pulled it off of my face for me. We laughed for several minutes at the silly mishap. I can't believe I didn't notice!! Yay for comic relief :0)
As for the ultrasound, it took about a half hour, wasn't fun like my normal ultrasounds where I get to see the profile of a darling baby, didn't see much of anything for that matter. The student tech and tech asked me to inhale and hold as they glided the wand around my belly, pushed and prodded, snapping digital pictures as they went. At the end they told me I'd have my results in 3 business days. It felt like I'd shown up for a very important exam, someone else took it for me without giving me any indication of how the test was going, letting me know that the results would be posted in a few days, then excusing me to go. Apparently it's standard procedure but was a little bizarre. So now we wait. So far the blood tests (metabolic panel and food allergy panel) everything has come back clear....
Just got off the phone with the Bloomington Primary Care office, apparently my ultrasound looked fine too. They are referring me to the Digestive Disease Consultants office. It's great to know my organs look good, but it's so puzzling to have so many things look fine, but to not feel fine. Hopefully we can get things figured out!
No comments:
Post a Comment