Amidst the busyness of getting ready to move, I really would
like to include in our family's history a little bit about the 2016
Presidential elections. I have never felt so passionate about an election
before. The two main party candidates were Hillary Clinton (Democrat) and
Donald Trump (Republican). Though I know MANY people's opinion differs on
the matter, I strongly opposed both candidates (because, although they may both
be trying to make positive changes for our nation, I feel like they are both corrupt
and immoral.) and was so relieved when Evan McMullin, a 3rd party came in to
play campaigning for a conservative party and a return to the constitution.
As I shared more and more with dad, he also got involved. It was a
great day when we went to vote together for Evan McMullin, feeling that we were
voting for an honorable and courageous man. The thing that was hardest
for me during this election season was seeing how many people were bashing and
bullying people who didn't feel the same way as them. It gave me a lot of
compassion for people in a minority who are persecuted and picked on. And
it helped me to dig deep and choose to be Christian in my responses. Long story
short, the elections were a few days ago and I was SHOCKED and disappointed to
see Donald Trump take the lead and when the elections! Especially since
he has shown so much hatred, sexim and racism, prejudice, bullying and
intolerance over the course of his campaign :0( But grateful to see hundreds of
thousands of people vote for Evan!! And, as I voice at the bottom of this
post, I am going to allow Trump's victory to help me strive even more to be a
more loving and compassionate person. And I will pray for him and
his leadership. We will indeed need God to Bless America!
I am seriously impressed by Evan McMullin who would
courageously run for office, at what appears an unseemly time, because he hopes
to provide our country with a morally sound leader and a president who would
uphold the Constitution with integrity!
Miracles can happen especially if we act in faith. It's not
too late to support someone who we truly believe in.
Sarah Graden updated her profile
picture.
August 29 ·
I have a very similar sentiment.
Lessons From Daniel and Why I'm Not Afraid of November 9,
2016 | RedState
I’ve been re-reading the story of Daniel (Daniel 1:1-21;
6:1-28). Daniel is an inspiration and an example of living by principle. He
honored his God and the principles of his…
Evan McMullin is gaining ground and exposure. Take a look at
what he had to say about the debacle...I mean debate last night.
I think this is a wonderful avenue to give a voice and
provide better options to much of the country who are dissatisfied with the two
main party candidates this election. Please read and send an email if you feel
like this goes along with your sentiment and convictions.
I'm sorry, just can't help but share a little comic relief
during this crazy election time.
Jessica Alene Andrew March
1 ·
For the indecisive voter: behold Clump.
I am not in support of Hillary or Trump but wow am I
astonished by how absolutely biased ABCNews is in covering this debate. They
might as well be part of Hillary's campaign. #ShameonABCNews
Needed to read this today when my patience is running thin
in a variety of areas.
I'm saddened and disappointed by what contention the
elections have brought. I feel it creeping in to my heart and thus in to my
home, robbing me of needed peace and love for others. How unfortunate! It's one
thing to take a stand for your beliefs and to promote them, but a very
different thing to bully others in a brash and abrasive way with the interest
of them bending their will to yours. May God bless us that as we each make the
personal decision of how to cast our vote, that in spite of our differences, we
will conduct ourselves in such a manner that our relationships will be stronger
because of the respect and consideration we have chosen to show each other.
It happened in 1825 with John Quincy Adams and can happen
again!
In relation to the elections, I had the thought yesterday
that God is the master conductor leading a very large orchestra, performing a
very complex piece at a crucial time. My job is to be in line with the
conductor, playing my individual part. It may be different than those around me
but it is my job to play strong, to graciously allow others to do the same, and
watch as God's masterpiece unfolds.
Sarah Graden updated her profile
picture.
November 3 at 3:29pm ·
My friend said it well and I feel it is important to share
with so many of you who live in the key-to-the-election state of UTAH.
Interpret it the way that you feel is right in your heart and brings you peace.
I know we all have our own decision to make.
The race really looks to be narrowing and Utah is key! What
seemed like the impossible is truly in the realm of possibility. I invite you
to take a serious look at Evan McMullin if you haven't yet. He, like every
other candidate and human being, is not perfect, but definitely is striving to
bring us back to our inspired constitution and our roots as a nation.
My husband and I just voted here in Illinois. We're so happy
to write in Evan and stand up for what we believe! God bless America.
(Shared on the Private Group--Americans for Evan
McMullin---I mentioned on Facebook that I had voted, but left it at that.
Anyone that was following me KNEW who I was voting for and at that point didn't
want any more statements about wasting my vote)
I
💓 this!!
(I hope to do this too!)
Chad Hymas November 6 at 11:14am ·
in any bashing or hateful behavior. I will continue to do my
best to be accountable for my life and serve those around me. I will not be
part of the problem and will do everything I can to be part of the cure! I will
NOT lose connections with loved ones over politics.
AND I will continue to stand up for the equal rights for
every man, woman, and child. I will do everything in my power to make sure that
there is a loving and safe environment for the diversity we are blessed to
enjoy in this country. I will continue to notice and heal where I have fear,
anger, and hate in my heart. I will keep bringing the awareness of my own
predjudice, racism and sexism to the light of day so it can be examined and
transformed. I will step outside of only loving and respecting like minded
people, to bring that love and respect to those who have different world views
and experiences. Love and peace to ALL of you!
Apparently the kids "voted" at school today. Alex
announced, with a bit of disappointment, that he voted for Ronald Trump because
he didn't know how to spell Evan Mcnolan.
Yesterday at elementary school my kids "voted" for
President. My kindergartner announced, with a bit of disappointment, that he
voted for Ronald Trump because he didn't know how to spell Evan McNolan . Don't
suffer the same fate; go to the ballots prepared!
(Shared on the Private Group--Americans for Evan McMullin)
(Shared on the Private Group--Americans for Evan McMullin)
This morning as I was putting away dishes a sacrament hymn
popped in my mind. I hummed the tune but couldn't remember all of the lyrics.
Just now as I looked them up, I was particularly touched by the 3rd verse and
thought it was very fitting for today,
"As now we praise thy name with song, The blessings of
this day Will linger in our thankful hearts, And silently we pray For courage
to accept thy will, To listen and obey. We love thee, Lord; our hearts are
full. We’ll walk thy chosen way." ("As Now We Take the
Sacrament" hymn 169)
Regardless of the outcome of today (though still fervently
praying for a miracle!!) may we all continue to press forward in faith in God,
knowing that He will provide and protect us as we choose to follow Him.
November 9, 2016
(I posted this on Instagram (#Foxnews2016) during the elections in hopes of it being seen among the thousands of other "voting" pictures people were sharing on social media)
(I posted this on Instagram (#Foxnews2016) during the elections in hopes of it being seen among the thousands of other "voting" pictures people were sharing on social media)
3 hrs ·
If you don't walk as most people do,
Some people walk away from you,
But I won't! I won't!
If you don't talk as most people do,
Some people talk and laugh at you,
But I won't! I won't!
I'll walk with you. I'll talk with you.
That's how I'll show my love for you.
Jesus walked away from none.
He gave his love to ev'ryone.
So I will! I will!
Jesus blessed all he could see,
Then turned and said, "Come, follow me."
And I will! I will!
I will! I will!
I'll walk with you. I'll talk with you.
That's how I'll show my love for you.
But I won't! I won't!
I'll walk with you. I'll talk with you.
That's how I'll show my love for you.
Jesus walked away from none.
He gave his love to ev'ryone.
So I will! I will!
Jesus blessed all he could see,
Then turned and said, "Come, follow me."
And I will! I will!
I will! I will!
I'll walk with you. I'll talk with you.
That's how I'll show my love for you.
Words: Carol Lynn Pearson, b. 1939. (c) 1987 IRI
Music: Reid N. Nibley, b. 1923. (c) 1987 IRI
2 hrs ·
This sums up a lot of what I've been thinking the last few
days.
Let's protest with our kindness and compassion, let's show
with our service that sexism, racism and abuse WILL NOT PREVAIL!













No comments:
Post a Comment