Brie's baby blessing day
(1 March 2009) was wonderful! It was so nice being in sacrament meeting together, finally as a complete family, with Brie by our side. (Her eyes were so wide, taking everything in!) It was also special to see her encircled by two of her great grandfathers, who grandfathers and her father*. How grateful I am for these good and faithful men who worthily use the priesthood to bless the lives of others. With all that is wrong in the world, I am grateful for such goodness that helps to make things right.
Since Brie was blessed and officially given her name, I thought I'd mention the meanings of Briana Joyce.
Briana means strong, noble and virtuous and Joyce means rejoicing, cheerful and merry. Wouldn't you all agree that her name fits her pretty well? :0)
*Her Uncle Tim was also in the circle--microphone AND binkie holder! :0)
I of course was running behind trying to get ready
(After all, it's not every day that I actually
shower and do my hair and makeup! :0))so Bryan got Brie all ready to go for her big day!

Here they are! Brie is looking a little unsure
of this whole bloomer, poofy dress and bib thing! :0)

The proud parents kissing sweet Briana Joyce.

I love her look here...she has been so alert from day one!

Fun to think that just a little over three months ago
Brie was making her big entrance into the world!
I sure love that little girl. She has brought so much joy
into my life with her sweet smile, beautiful bright eyes,
giggles, snuggles, and coos. How grateful I am to be her mother!
4 comments:
Sarah, you are BEAUTIFUL!!! I absolutely adore that last picture...it looks like Brie is winking at the camera. ;0) Love it!
What a special day. It was so good to be part of it. You do look great in these pictures!
Oh Sarah, how sweet! I love the picture of Bryan getting her ready. And the one of you and her in front of the fireplace with her dress all pretty and showing. Congratulations! What a wonderful day. Loves to you guys!
Your little family is so cute! I love the blessing dress. And her name is beautiful!
Post a Comment