Monday, July 6, 2009

6 juillet 2005

Four years ago today I entered the Provo MTC (Missionary Training Center) as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I couldn't help but dedicate a post to the WONDERFUL 9 weeks I spent there!

I think one of my greatest blessings there was having Soeur Britta Briskey as my companion! In spite of LONG days of classes, hot Summer weather, phone calls at the Referral Center, and a rigorous schedule she somehow made the whole experience feel carefree and fun!

I'll never forget walking (and sometimes skipping :0)) around the MTC grounds humming our favorite hymns --making fun collages to send to family and friends --finding ourselves locked out of our room on several occasions--getting giddy over daily letters and packages--learning fun facts about Québec--bearing our testimonies in French--singing in the Sunday evening choir (until we realized that naps were more important :0))--celebrating Soeur Briskey's birthday with a unicorn pinata--soaking up the amazing missionary spirit that is there--singing "Lead Kindly Light" (in French) for our branch--loving when the cafeteria served Tater Tot Casserole and just thoroughly enjoying preparing to serve in the Canada Montréal Mission!

Thank you Bricky! I'll forever feel blessed that you were my MTC companion!

1 comment:

britta said...

Life continues to be amazing... and I don't want to say our time in the MTC was the best of my life so far, because roles as wife and mother are, of course, the best.....
BUT... :)
Oh my Sheetsy! Wasn't it wonderful? Wasn't it magical? Weren't we so happy and full of the spirit-and joy of the gospel? Those times seem a dream to me. A wonderful wonderful wonderful wonderful dream, that I wish I could recall with perfect accuracy! I know that God, as always, was micromanaging things, like He does, when he put us together. I learned SO much from you specifically- from your testimony, insights, and charitable disposition which I often lack. And what's more, we had SOOOOOO much fun! Who ever knew a mission could be so much fun?!! Your friendship was then, as it is now, a TREMENDOUS blessing to me. Thank you Ducky!