Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Famous Canadian Favorites.

Last week (Thursday, 13 May) Julie, Isaac, Heather and I
headed up to West Jordan to try out...

(I thought it'd be fun for Heather to try some
Canadian food before she leaves for Toronto.)

Papipa.

(if I have the story right, his grandson was
trying to say, "Grand Papa", he said Papipa, and it stuck.)



We all ordered one or two things and then shared.
(Croque Madame & Croque Monsieur, Poutine, Meat Pie,
Maple Syrup Pie and something else that I forgot the name of :0))


I've tried poutine in a handful of places and I thought their's was good! It sure beat the fast food version I had at A&W in Nova Scotia :0)

I kept joking with Heather that we should take a picture with her and Papipa, so at the end we got one....she's such a good sport :0)

We drove away after eating and the general consensus was that the food was pretty good, the prices were pretty good and the service was friendly. Honestly though Canadian cuisine isn't known for being amazing, but if you want to have a little Canadian experience in Utah, I think this place is fun. It was especially fun to be able to speak French (and talk about Québec) with the owner. Oh good ol' Québec!!!

**Speaking of Québec, if things work out my Mom (and possibly Dad) and I will be flying there in July to attend a sealing in the Montréal temple. Do you remember the LeFebvre family who came to visit last Summer? Well it's them. Anyway, I hope it will work out because I would LOVE to go!**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Papipa and I even match hehe. My favorite part was how he put his hand around my waist hahaha. Such a cute man. That was so fun!

Anonymous said...

I look like I'm ready to pull out my fake handgun hahaha.

Megs said...

how lucky! Papipa wasn't there when we went. Oh Quebec! :) YAY for going back for a sealing. How NEAT!!! Kody and I are trying to go back as well...one day...one day. :)

p.s. i had a mission dream about you and me last night (our apartment exploded because we had a poisionous mouse in our apartment). haha good times! Love you!!

Denise said...

I want to go there SO bad. That picture of the poutine made my mouth water. I so need to get some...