Tuesday, May 25, 2010

La Grenouille Sautante.

Meghan and I have been scheming up a French meal for the last few months and finally got our hubbies and kids together to make one (Saturday 15 May). We were cooking and eating from about 4 in the afternoon til 11:30 that night. It was intense...the most gourmet meal I've ever helped prepare...and so fun!

Here's the menu we used for the occasion:

La Grenouille Sautante = The Jumping Frog
(I wanted the menu to be classy yet whimsical,
thus the frog jumping over the flowers :0))


*I actually made this menu last year for Tim's PROM dinner,
and just tweaked a few things for our dinner.

(Click on the menu to enlarge.
Meghan (with a little help from me) picked out delicious courses.)

I set the table up in my Parent's grand room, but it was actually a beautiful evening so we later moved it outside on the patio.

Jon with the kids.

Neither of us really had really gotten ready that morning BUT I thought it'd be fun to take some pictures with us and the kids.

Brie was being SO squirmy and would NOT look at the camera!


We started off with our appetizer (stuffed tomatoes)
and our drink (sparkling cranberry juice)...


(Look at Brie here...she looks like she's doing
the peace sign with both hands. Love it!)

And then we were back in the kitchen to get the main dish and side dishes prepared...

Bry and Brie whipped up a delicious
pound cake for part of the dessert.




The evening was inspired by Julia :0)

I remember having this potatoes in France when I lived with the Lompré Family and now have a new appreciation for Anne-Marie making them.

Meghan and Tim browning the Filet Mignon. It was to die for!

Et Voilà...our dinner. It was amazing!


But we weren't finish yet. While Bry & Jon got things cleaned up and Tim and Meghan started on the dessert, I whipped up some hot chocolate (thanks to Marlene, Michelle and Christy bringing some home for me from Paris. Merci!).

And last but not least, we had poached pears with a chocolate sauce for dessert...





(It was Tim's idea to garnish with blackberries.
They added a nice touch.)

What a gourmet adventure...
Thank you Beutlers!!



5 comments:

Denise said...

My mouth is watering...

Holly said...

Geez, your family is so great at 'fancy-ing' everything up and what grand cooks you make!

Jon and Meghan + boys said...

mmm! just thinking about that night is making me hungry for all that food again. je t'aime!

Megs said...

how utterly delightful!!! I would give anything to reach inside the computer and eat that yummy pouched pear. YUM! :)

B said...

Holy toledo, batman! Wowza, Sarah!!! Amen to wanting to reach into the computer and eat that incredible, work-of-art pear dessert! And all the rest. What an inspiring post. And I love that you say it was inspired by Julia. Loved that movie.