Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Bump: 32 weeks.

32 Weeks.

Tuesday (22 Feb. 2011) I went in for my 32 week appointment. Dr. Smith said that I was measuring right on and that Alexander's heart beat has been pretty consistent the last few weeks...right around 136. Everything looks good.

I have to admit that this week some nervousness has been kicking in. I know that can be a natural part of 3rd trimester, as the due date draws nearer, but I think beyond that I'm a little unsettled about how the actual birth will go. Last time almost everything seemed all lined up and went really smoothly. Within two hours or so of going into labor "my crew" was there to support me (Bry, my Mom, Aunt Elaine, Rach and Em) and they were there the whole time! They were AWESOME! This time around I have several people lined up to come help with Alexander's birth, but the only two people I know will be there are Bry and Kate. Ashley will be en route from Springfield for several hours (BLESS HER HEART for being willing to make the drive!) and then it depends on when Alex decides to comes and who's in town. Em might be there...my Mom could...they both might be. Needless to say that that whole part has been making me a bit anxious. BUT, thanks to awesome friends and some "pep talks"...I'm feeling better. It will all work out one way or another and the Lord will be with us. No matter what happens, it will be OK and it will be for the best.

Today has been another "feeling especially pregnant" day. Brie and I had several errands to run and my tummy seemed a bit heavier and tiring. I've also been having some cramping here and there (my Dr. said it was nothing to worry about unless there is a pattern, so we're good). I'm guessing that my body is just getting ready for when it actually goes into labor. Thankfully Brie's napping and I can just take it easy.

Anyway, 8 weeks to go! I'm excited to meet Alex, but am grateful that he has this time to develop, grow and put on some fat! His birthday will come soon enough :0)

4 comments:

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

You're right, the Lord will be with you, and that's the best support we can ask for. And you know, the hospital has a way of organizing an awesome support crew for you as soon as you get there. :) It'll be great! You'll be in our prayers!

Megs said...

You have THE CUTEST maternity clothes!! Where do you get them???

Everything WILL work out. (something I'm re-learning as of late. although it's often easier said then to actually believe). You'll be in our prayers.

Denise said...

The only thing you need to worry about is getting lots and LOTS of sleep before that second baby comes.

Seriously.

Sarah said...

Thanks for your votes of faith and confidence, girls! You're right, it will all work out!!

Denise--I'm soaking up all the sleep I can get :0)
Meghan--if they're cute they're probably from Motherhood Maternity (the outfits I bought for student teaching while pregnant with Brie).