Saturday, August 6, 2011

Welcome to Young Womens.

I was recently called as the Young Women's Secretary in our ward. I have to admit that I was pretty nervous at first (partly because I look younger than the Laurels (16-18 yr old girls)...gotta love it :0)... and don't feel that much older than most of the girls), but I know that the Lord called me to serve in this capacity and am grateful for the opportunity! Blessings will come, they always do, they already have.

In any case, I have the opportunity to do Personal Progress again and am excited for the ways it will enrich me as a person. I am currently working on the value of Faith and wanted to get input from you...


"Discover the principles of faith taught by the mothers of Helaman’s stripling warriors. Read Alma 56:45–48 and 57:21. Review what “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” (see page 101) says about a mother’s role. With a mother, grandmother, or leader, discuss the qualities a woman needs in order to teach children to have faith and to base their decisions on gospel truths. How can these principles help you in your life today and help you prepare to be a faithful woman, wife, and mother? Record your thoughts and feelings in your journal."

What qualities do YOU think a woman needs in order to teach children to have FAITH and to base their decisions on Gospel Truths?

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm also doing Personal Progress. It's a first for me. It's an amazing way to gain more knowledge about the Gospel and learn different skills to enrich the mothering experience.

I'll have to think about my answer and get back to you.

Anonymous said...

So cool that you're doing that--it's a nice built-in way to stay motivated and work on improving yourself.