Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Let your Light so Shine.


(25 -26 July 2012)

During the hustle and bustle of our summer activities, Tanya (the Relief Society President in our ward) and I packed all the young women into my van and headed to Mizzou for Youth Conference.  It was 2 days cram-packed with spiritual upliftment, mixing and mingling, dances and activities.  It was awesome to be surrounded by hundreds of youth who are striving to live virtuous lives.  I loved being there with our young women, getting to know Tanya better, and taking it all in as a leader.  But boy did it wear me out.  I came home at midnight Thursday, hugged Bry and went to bed.  The next morning when I woke up (Bry watched the kids and made breakfast while I slept in) I felt like I'd been hit by a train.  My first trimester self just couldn't keep up with all those teenagers ;0)  In any case, I came down to breakfast and found this beautiful bouquet that Bry had bought me as a welcome home.  That sweet man.  Sure love him lots and lots and lots....

I have to mention that my friend Melissa awesomely watched Brie and Alex for both days while I was gone.  She was such a trooper to take them on so that Bry could study.  THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I finally got caught up on your blog. What an awesome summer you had. I loved hearing about all your adventures. So excited for baby number three. I also slipped off the bandwagon this summer and have recently went back to Weight Watchers and running. So frustrating, isn't it?

Brad and Tiff said...

I kind of laughed when you said you felt like you had been hit by a train after Youth Conference, but I am REALLY SORRY!!! Love ya Sarah!

CountingRoughDrafts said...

Hope you know that I think the world of you, Sarah. I am proud to call you my sister.