On our actual anniversary Bry was busy preparing for his end-of-the-summer presentation, so we officially celebrated a few days later. I decided to check to see what was playing at the Fox Theater...the Lion King! A play I've wanted to see for years. Going on a Tuesday and sitting in limited visibility seats (like we couldn't see the left third of the stage ;0)) we were able to get pretty reasonably- priced tickets.
We rarely have occasions to get dressed up so I wanted to make it a big deal. Brie helped me lay out my outfit that afternoon (including the beautiful necklace that Bry had given me on our surprise getaway), then when the time came to get ready, she helped me slip my shoes on and got in on the lip gloss fun--I wanted her to know that it was a big deal going out on an anniversary date with her Dad :0)
Before Bry got home I typed up a letter, tucked it into a little card and set it out on my outfit. My letter had been inspired by my reading of "Heaven is Here" (by Stephanie Nielson of NieNieDialogues...such a great book!) I addressed it to "my Mr. Graden" and outlined MANY of the things that I love about him. As I took the time to type it up, my heart was filled with an even greater love and appreciation for him. So at dinner that night I had him read it aloud...I knew I couldn't...heck I was crying through the whole letter just listening to it ;0)
We set out for the Theater just as the sun began to set. It was a beautiful evening and so fun to be out on the town spending it with my handsome sweetie. Not to mention him buying me an over-priced warm pretzel to avoid nausea hitting and THEN slipping out, just before intermission ended, to get me a drink (the drink that the woman next to me was drinking..it turned out being sprite with ice...I eyed it right as the lights were dimming and it looked so good and my pregnant self needed to have one right then.). Thanks Bry ;0)
The theater itself was so unique and elaborate and the play was really colorful, lively and fun. We especially enjoyed the African chants and songs, the artistic costuming and Rafiki. And I personally loved holding Bry's hand throughout the evening. Simple pleasures of life :0)
Thanks for a delightful evening, Bry. Je t'aime fort!





3 comments:
You're amazing! And I love your "pregnant self." :)
Beautiful, friend. Love to hear about your adventures (including the sweet little moments, like lip gloss with Brie). And I love how well Bry takes care of you, like sprite during a broadway. ;) You guys are the best. Happy anniversary!
I love it, shnookie. :) I'm glad you had a wonderful evening. :D Love you!
Post a Comment