The year Brie was born my Mom affectionately called her "Brie Joyce" (like rejoice)...fitting for the Christmas season and for this joyful little bugaboo of ours :0)
...has so much personality!
...is our little fashionista, by choice dresses herself first thing in the morning, and often comes up with unusual yet cute ouftits. When she finds one that she really likes she wears it over and over again.
...carries on a conversation like a grown-up and says the cutest, most creative things. Like talking about an imaginary snake, Harry Hazard :0) She says the darndest things and I wish I could just follow her around with a video camera recording every little thing. "Can I watch a special movie so I can fill my spirit up?" (she just asked that as I was sitting here typing. Prime example of the cute things she says.)
...is my little kitchen assistant. She loves to help me cook! She prefers washing her hands with the "yummy smelling soap" in the kitchen then we get to work. She pours ingredients into the bowl, stirs, washes fruits and veggies, does some minor chopping and so on. I hope that she'll grow up with the love of cooking.
...is SO helpful! Usually when I ask her to help me (please grab a diaper and wipe, throw this away, pick that up off the floor, straighten up the pillows) she'll say, "sure thing, Mom." She truly is a great help. This frequently comes in handy with her little brother and will be such a blessing when this little guy arrives.
...is fascinated by all things baby--cribs, strollers, car seats, diapers--and usually has a little "baby" that she is carrying around and taking care of. She really does have a sweet, nurturing spirit and will be a wonderful mother someday.
...so energetic and fun! She loves to jump, run, dance and play! I love how she's such a girly girl, but has a bit of her Aunt Rachie's "tom boy" spirit in her too.
...is generally sweet and patient with her little brother. He is the one that does the teasing, taking toys and hitting, but she often talks to him gently instead of getting upset.
...is a fun and happy girl! She has her moments (especially if her Mom is having grumpy moments ;0)), but is so often cheerful and brings light and laughter into our lives.
...is so observant and has a great memory. It amazes me what she picks up on and remembers!
...is learning her ABCs and can be found looking on the box of cereal, at signs, on envelopes...sounding out the letters. Before we know it she's going to be reading.
...LOVES dressing up and doing tea parties and if she could she'd have me dress up and do a tea party with her every day ;0)
...is our little singer. She seems to sing wherever she goes, especially when washing her hands in the bathroom, it's cute :0) She also makes her own medleys, listening to them cracks me up.
...appreciates the simple beauties around her. She often will stop to smell a flower, touch a tree, point out a sunset, lay down to look up at the sky.
I'm sure there's lots more I could say, but I'll end it here.
We love you Briana Joyce Graden! Happy Birthday my little Sweetsie...here's to another wonderful year watching you embrace life and the world around you :0)





No comments:
Post a Comment