Wednesday, March 27, 2013

just have to say...

...as I update our blog header for Spring, with all its cheeriness and coordinated cuteness...this is so not what things look like here right now ;0)  I've been living in sweat pants & t-shirts, rarely have my hair or make up done, let alone shower! I have showered maybe 5 times in the last 3 weeks (did I just admit that?!).  Not to mention Alex wearing his jammies for more than a day at a time, and Brie's hair constantly turning into a rat's nest.  We're looking good ;0)  Really we never look this put together and cute, other than for family pictures.  But, it's nice to have this blog as a creative outlet, and it's fun to have some springiness (and my fam) to look at when I blog :0)

Aside from the lack of showering, I have been soaking up all the snuggle time I can get with my little man.  Can we say soft, warm, sweet and cuddly?  So far he has been such a chill little guy.  He is our little oasis.  I think God must have known that I needed a little bit of mellow right now in my life.  Brie is always ready and willing to help out and hold Elijah...Alex LOVES to give his brother little kisses, but has already tried feeding him hummus...and a penny.  Oh dear.  Three and a half weeks into this, life with 3 is hectic!  Thank heavens for all of the SWEET, thoughtful people who have been coming to our aid!!  Meals, trips to the grocery store, help with cleaning, having Brie and Alex come play... I feel so spoiled, but am happy to accept all of it.  I think otherwise I'd be a bit of an emotional mess.  It makes me think of something Starla (Rach's roomie and also a nurse) said while visiting...people will often stop taking their medication because they feel like they're fine.  Little do they realize that it is the medicine that is making them fine.  So it has been the last few weeks.  Some days I really feel like things are OK and that I am not deserving of all of the sweet service...but then afternoon rolls around with all 3 kids awake and I realize that we are still adjusting and that it is everyone's help that is helping things be as OK as they are.  Does that make sense?  All that to say, we feel blessed, are doing well and are so thankful for all of you who have contributed to that!!!


P.S. Rach took our family pictures for us while we she was visiting.  Thank you, Pook!

No comments: