Wednesday, October 16, 2013

according to iPhone, 4.

Yesterday was HARD!  One of those if-I-wasn't-a-mature-adult-I-would-totally-run-away kind of days.  It was the day after a tough weekend of me + Lij being sick (thank Heavens Em was in town while Bry was out of town), lovely extra monthly hormones and Alex was OUT OF CONTROL!!!!  Plus Lij was still fussy and not napping well, I was tired and was done dealing with Alex's constant shenanigans.  Thankfully yesterday is over and today is a new day.  This morning I got up early and got caught up in the gratitude journal.  I realized that I've been slacking in the notice-and-take-time-to-record-my-blessings department.  I seriously think that contributed to my attitude (insert complaining "It's so hard!  why me? why such a CHALLENGING 2yr old?" etc. etc. ETC.).  Then I sat down this afternoon to do an "according to my phone" post and was once again struck by all of the fun little moments I'd forgotten from this past month.  Yesterday it seemed like I had the worst lot in the world and my life was void of happiness.  Wow.  Some black and white thinking going on there.  In any case, I'm grateful I took time to look through these pictures.... little reminders of those three little faces that bring me so much (laughter, love...hard lessons to learn) and that handsome face who sees me through it all.  Life is good.  God is good.  Glad to be reminded.  Now let me just remember it!

cooking with my sous-chef.

just love that Tiffany!




Labor Day Picnic with Hintzes.

Amazing Tie-dyness ;0)

attempt to sport a scarf.  Cool that it's from Italy in the 70s when my Uncle Paul served his mission there.

making "magnet people" with Brie.

Sweet note from Katlyn when we went to feed her guinea pig Snickers...

my cute little helper.
helping Laura color-coordinate her move.  I am totally doing this again for our next move.  Worked SO great when we moved here to the Lou.

Painting with Breebsie.  Very therapeutic, much needed.


Headed to Stake Conference in the rain.  So cute to see them share.


Welcome Home picture of Snickers.

Lij's 6 month check up.


Cute book.

:0)

Brie loves when we, I mean she gets to give Lij a bottle.  Was happening almost nightly around six months.  Growth spurt?
Brie + Bry = Back porch camping
On our way to hi-tea.

White crayon + water colors = Magic :0)

Prezels for our object lesson and treat for Family Home Evening on prayer.

yet another Tea Party Tuesday, followed by...
...impromptu dancing with fake flowers :0)

just had to try this CUTE turkey hat on Lij, but Target you didn't get me this time ;0)

watching a rain storm.
celebrating news of Bry's first scheduled campus visit---NMSU.  Ted Drewe's :0)

Bry skyping with my family, oh that smile...it melts me.
"Who is that handsome guy?  Bryan." (as said by Brie ;0))

LATE night/EARLY morning snack as we worked on job applications.

Brie helping me prepare pears for purée and pie filling.

our babies while cleaning the church.

Alex bringing out Bry's shoes so that he'd come play wit him :0)

After Sarah's baptism.  WONDERFUL moment.

Always wanted to see STL Balloon Glow, never worked out.  Oh well, at least saw this little stray hot air balloon ;0)
At Steak 'n Shake for an impropmtu dinner out.  It was such a  LONG and hard afternoon.  We undoubtedly looked like crazy parents with Alex jumping up and down in the booth (I didn't even care, was past the point of caring...) and Lij standing up and losing his pants.  Oh my.  Looking so put together and lovely ;0)

finally had a little me & Alex time, playing with dry beans and bowls.

who loves stripes?  we love stripes :0)

Tea party + card making with our neighbor Katlyn

putting on our Disneyland hats (per Alex's request after doing a nutty FHE lesson on acorns & hats & squirrels)
early morning family outing to get our annual brats from G & W Sausage Company

Little sneak peek of Halloween...


Bry helping us make cheddar jalapeno cornbread muffins.  He called one afternoon to say he was burnt out and feeling brain dead.  I told him to come home!  What a treat to have him home at 3:30 :0) :0)

Neighbor love.

family walk around the "block" as often requested by Alex.

SWEET Bry spent part of our date night making these (sand dolllar sugar) cookies with me for a nautical-themed baby shower. 
Playing Cinderella and scrubbing the floor on Saturday.

All 3 kids in action.  Love when they play together....and no ones cries or gets hurt.

My boys :0)

Adam & Alex (my pantless wonder) checking out the Hintze's new patio after dinner.

The kiddos cleaning up after breakfast.  LOVE that learning how to help out around the house.  

First bath with all 3 kiddos.

Love him!
both babies at the Donut Drive-In, do we see a pattern here?







diaper hat :0)
Family picnic at Wilmore Park.

Brie = her Parents' daughter.  Bry & I both love to organize things.

Target, another reason we love you :0)

handsome boys, General Conference.

All snuggled up for a chilly family walk, Fall is here.

Azhar had her BABY!!

Bry & I on our way to the temple (thanks to Emmie!).


oh my Brie :0)

Brie teaching Lij how to stand up.

Getting a package ready for Em's baseball and tractor lovin' friend.

Brie is SO sweet with Lij.

A gorgeous sunset reflecting in the "ditch".

Lunch time.  View from the dryer...love turning around and catching glimpses of these 3 together.

No comments: