Monday, April 20, 2015

Bangs for a wig.

A few months ago I started thinking about chopping off my hair.  I've been growing it out and had it long for the last five years.  Although it was fun, and had its good moments, I rarely had/took the time to do all the pretty things you can do with long hair...and decided it was time to go back to my {short hair} roots :0)  When Brie heard about my plan, she cutely requested that she get the same haircut as me.  How could I say no to that??  So over Spring break we made a mother-daughter outing of it.  We shared some raspberry frozen yogurt from ColdStone then headed over to Beauty Brands for our hair cuts.  To make a long story short, neither of us got the hair cuts that we'd hoped for, but the manager was great to straighten things out. (I got my hair highlighted and fixed at Colorific and Brie had hers recut at Beauty Brands by a master stylist.)  In the end we love our new dos!  As a side note, I had my hair cut and put in a bag so I could donate my (10 inches of) hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  Brie followed suite and had her 3 inches put in a bag.  Sadly I had to tell her that it wasn't enough hair to donate.  "Couldn't they use it to make the bangs for a wig?"  I wish!  I told her she could scatter her hair outside so that the birds could use it for their nests.  She seemed contented by that idea.  In any case, I loved our outing and love having similar hair cuts.  This mother-daughter thing is the best!  Can't wait for our little baby girl to join in the fun :0)

No comments: