Sunday, April 12, 2015

Birthday for 2yr old Roo.


Over a month later, I am finally getting around to blogging about your second birthday, Elijah.  It's been so busy!  And with your baby sister's birthday around the corner I would love to get caught up before she's here.

A few days before, Brie & Alex helped me to get vines and banners hung up.  It was nice to have them all made...30 minutes later and we had a cute dino jungle ready for your birthday.

For your birthday breakfast Dad made streusel cake and scrambled eggs.  Afterwards, you, Alex & I headed over to Brie's class to volunteer for literacy centers.  Her class was excited to see the birthday boy and even sang to you.

Later that morning Bompa & Mémé called & skyped to sing to you.  It's cute to see you carry on a conversation in your two year old way.  I did a mini photo shoot of you before nap time.  You are such a handsome little guy :0)

For dinner we did a hot dog dinner (you LOVE hot dogs!).  We opened up birthday presents, including a BIG stuffed dino that I got for you at the outlet, some snacks (mini packs of raisins, fruit snacks and goldflish), a mickey mouse cup, a mini mickey mouse figurine and lightup ball (from Brie) and construction trucks (from Alex).  To finish off the day we had chocolate cake (that Brie & Alex had help me make and decorate) & ice cream.

And there you have it, nothing fancy, but a fun day.  We love you Roo!

No comments: