I remember one day in seventh grade when one of my teachers went up to the board, wrote GHOTI and asked us how to pronounce it. Goatee? I don't know. No, she said, it is pronounced FISH. She was pointing out how odd English phonetics can be. (Amen to that!) For those who have never seen the ghoti example, I'll break it down...
GH = F = as in rouGH
O = I = as in wOmen
TI = SH = as in naTIon
Weird, eh? Anyway, that's really beside the point. I really just wanted you to check out Brie's Fishy Face...
Pink Moon Palette
1 year ago


8 comments:
Love it! :)
Cute! I was in your 7th grade class and I don't remember that so good for you for actually remembering things you leaned.
Adorable. She's certainly mastered the fishy face, but does she make the fishy sounds? You'll have to teach her how to make her hands into fins.
Hey, thanks for inviting me to see your blog! I love it! What is your email address so I can invite you to mine?
Was that Becca who told us that? Seems like a Becca tidbit of info... :) By the way, have you come across Becca's blog? It's pretty awesome. Let me know if you haven't and I can send you the link.
And to little Brie...you are the fishy-est fish in the sea!! What darling shots, momma.
Brie is BEYOND adorable! And i can never get over how big she is getting!!!! How does it happen???
TOO cute!!!
Hey I am opening my blog for a while so add your email!
Post a Comment