Easter morning Bry, Brie and I snuck up to the grand room...decorated a bit and hid plastic Easter eggs. We decided to fill the eggs with facts/quotes about the Savior, origin of Easter traditions, etc.Since Bry and I were married I have put more thought into holidays and the sorts of traditions I want our little family to have. One of my goals is to bring the true meaning back into certain holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. If you have any ideas, pass 'em my way.
That Elaine, she always finds the CUTEST things!

(Thank you Bompa & Mémé for theCUTE Easter dress. Yay for Costco!)

We had originally planned on everyone searching for eggs, but instead the fam followed Brie around and helped her fill her basket...it looked like the paparazzi with at least 3 people behind cameras snapping shots. Oh dear :0)


One idea I found online was numbering and filling 12 plastic Easter eggs with objects & scriptures that have to do with the Savior's atonement. You can open them all at once or open one each day leading up to Easter.
Rach brought a few mini Brie-sized eggs filled with candy.Oh boy did Brie like the peeps!
(If you look closely you can see residue ofyellow Peeps on her face. Saving it for later :0))



Everyone pitched in to get lunch readyand put dinner together for later...
(Here's a great example of the importance of focusing on the right thing when taking a picture. Sure the flowers are pretty and all, but I was kind of hoping to have the group in focus. Oops!)
I love working with everyone in the kitchen.BIG kitchen + family + cooking = Quality bonding time!
(Well I guess a small kitchen would make an even closer knit family...
due to a lack of space. Ha ha :0))
Someday Bry & I will have a nice BIG kitchen for whipping up all sorts of fun international dishes. Someday. Til then!


Our little Easter bunny...several peeps later...a little sugar high!
I love the years when General Conference falls on Easter. Not only do we get a whole weekend full of inspiring and uplifting messages, but we get to spend it all with our families and friends. (It's kind of weird that this was the last conference we'll be spending with our families for several years. October we'll be spending it with our ward family and it won't be the same, but it will be great too!)
For the last two years around Easter time I have added an entry each day while writing in the gratitude journal...one reason why I love the Savior. Last year, after a few days of wondering what I loved about the Savior that particular day, it dawned on me that I could take note of the promptings I'd gotten from the Spirit. For instance, if during the day I had been inspired to take time to listen to a friend...that prompting shed a little light on the Savior. If He had been there He would have compassionately and lovingly listened to my friend and that is why He prompted me to do so. Does that make sense? This year I realized that I could learn more about my Savior by watching others. For instance, after listening to Elder Kopischke speak with such enthusiasm and optimism, the thought came to me that the Savior is very much the same. Anyway, it was really neat to better "see" and get to know the Savior as I watched those around me.
I'm grateful for the person He is. For the love He has and for how that love affects all that He does. I am grateful that with His resurrection He brought new life, new chances...new beginnings. Now it's up to me to make the most of what He has given me.
Happy Easter!


1 comment:
That hair is PRICELESS. I just want to jump right through that computer and give her a big squeeze. What a fun day.
Post a Comment