Saturday, October 1, 2011

All Together.

I'm not quite sure how this day came about, but at one point I realized that although Bryan and I try to go to the temple frequently as a couple that we rarely go as a family. Bryan and I decided that we'd set a Saturday (9 September 2011) to go. The Friday before I set out pictures of temples on Brie's little table in our dining room. That day she also helped me to straighten up and clean the house in preparation for the next day. Saturday morning we all got cleaned up and dressed in our Sunday best and loaded in the car to drive the relatively very short distance (20 min.) to the St. Louis Temple. On the way there we all sang the primary song, "I Love to See the Temple" and Brie, with her sweet little voice, continued to serenade us as we drove. Once there, I took some pictures, then we walked a little around the grounds, talking to Brie about how special the temple is and that someday she too will be able to go inside. It was a sweet experience. We hope to make it a quarterly family tradition.

"When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families."
—Richard H. Winkel




I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.


"As we come unto Christ and journey to higher ground, we will desire to spend more time in His temples, because the temples represent higher ground, sacred ground."
—Joseph B. Wirthlin

I hope to make the temple more and more of a priority. I know that as I do the Lord blesses me to see things with a spiritual and eternal perspective. What peace and clarity can be found within the walls of the temple. What a blessing to have such a place of love and beauty where we can turn for refuge and guidance. I am especially grateful to know that if I live worthily my family and I can all be together (sealed together) for all eternity. I hope to live my life in such a way that I can always have my dear sweet Bry, Brie and Alexander by my side. What blessings the temple can bring us.

**I've been working on this post for a few days now, but what a perfect day to post it. During General Conference today President Monson announced several new temples which will be built...two of which hold special significance: Provo, Utah AND Paris, France!**

3 comments:

The Perry family said...

What a wonderful family outing and a great lesson for the little ones.

Denise said...

I love to go to the temple as well. We have always lived pretty far from one, which is pretty sad. Great tradition!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

I LOVE the photo you did of Brie with the words to the song on it. What a great tradition!