Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pinwheels and Projects.

A few weeks ago (13 October 2011) our ward did a celebration of personal progress, Young Women in Excellence. It was really touching to hear each girl share their testimonies and talk about the different projects they've been working on. The Personal Progress program is definitely an inspired one.


(The theme was "Color Me Beautiful"-- Choosing to be beautiful in the Lord's eyes and finding strength and courage (much like David who stood up against AND defeated Goliath) to stand up for what we know to be good and right, even if the World thinks otherwise.)

What great Young Women we have!
It's fun getting to know them better.



(One of the Young Women thought us leaders should pose as different Disney princesses. Can you tell which ones we are? Actually, I have no clue who I"m representing...just knew that I was supposed to be holding a "sword" ;0))

*Pinwheels = accordian circles & yoyos :0)

While on the subject of my calling in the Young Women's organization, I have to mention a training we had a few weeks ago (15 October 2011). Elaine Dalton came to train the YW leaders of 8 stakes in the area. I felt so blessed to have been able to be there (thanks to wonderful Bry who stayed home with the kids ALL day long!). Sister Dalton was so inspiring! She was personable, down-to-earth, in tune with the current needs of these girls...and such a masterful speaker and teacher. I came home that night saying that she was my new hero. It's true. I'd love to grow up and be like her :0) A few things I took away from the training were to try to be like Jesus, help each girl feel the spirit and feel loved, and remember that repentance/change is possible!

2 comments:

Denise said...

You make every event so beautiful. I want you to come and decorate my life. I wish I could steal some of that talent!

Brad and Tiff said...

I LOVE those pics, thanks for making us all take pictures! :)