Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis the Season...

...to be sick!

It seems like we pick up one bug and just as we're getting over it we pick up another. What fun ;0) Do any of you seem to be having the same problem this season? After a friend mentioned how inundated we are during the holidays with sweets*, feeling some stress from all of the scheduled activities, AND staying up late to get things done...it dawned on me, no wonder we are more likely to get sick at this time of year. We eat junk, we tend to be overly scheduled, are extra stressed and don't get enough sleep! That's not to say that I'm not enjoying the Christmas season (because I am!) and that I don't enjoy getting yummy Christmas goodies from sweet friends and thoughtful neighbors (because I do!), but I think I would enjoy the season more if I took better care of myself. One of my goals this year is to use moderation when it comes to eating. I think it's OK to have a sugar cookie or some fudge, just not 10 cookies or half the pan of fudge :0)

In any case, I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful time of year...and hopefully not getting too many bugs!

*Bry & I have started brainstorming healthier holiday "treats" to give away. So far we've thought of freezer jam, wassail, clementines and dried fruit. Do you have fun ideas up that lane? I'd love to hear them if you do!

3 comments:

Denise said...

The Germans would just tell you to open a window and get some fresh air circulating through your house. Apparently, it's much better than medicine and you'll rarely get sick. Didn't work for us, but whatever.

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Someone gave us granola last year. Can be made more or less healthy I suppose, but I thought that was a fun option. We've had the same problem with catching bugs. Just pulling out of one, so hopefully we can ward off any more until after Christmas. I hope you are all well soon!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Oh, we also got honey from someone which was yummy and a little healthier!