Friday, August 23, 2013

Today marks...

...SIX years since we were married & sealed in the Provo Temple, for time and all eternity!  In some ways it's flown, but as we look back, we definitely have six years worth of adventures and growing up, learning and loving.  It honestly took me about 3 years of marriage to realize how often Bry sacrifices to make me happy.  He is forever doing sweet things for me: leaving me notes, making breakfast before he takes off for school, calling me during the day to see how things are going, helping pick up the house when I don't have much left to give, rubbing my feet when I've had a hard day, never complaining about meals or lack of clean clothes or sticky kitchen floors.  Although I of course tried to show my love for Bry those first three years, since that moment of realization I've been trying to catch up with his thoughtfulness: trying to get up to see him off in the morning, occasionally leaving him notes in his lunch, buying ice cream flavors that he'd enjoy, sometimes helping out with the kids' bed time when I can tell he's exhausted.  It's amazing how much has changed since that beautiful August day six years ago.  Our love was so new and fresh and exciting.  Three sweet, full of life and easily excitable little children now join us at the table, date nights are often spent in instead of out.  Weight has come and gone and come again ;0).  We've lived longer outside of Utah than in.  We're more open about our frustrations, needs and worries.  We've come to depend on each other.  All that we do is for our little family: All his long hours, hard work, juggling of responsibilities...my cooking, cleaning, creating, caring for the kids.  It's all for us.  I wouldn't trade this little life that we share.  How grateful I am to have this faithful, loving, sweet, thoughtful man by my side.  Happy 6th Anniversary, dear Bry.  Je t'm fort mon amour!

(Julia took these pictures for us.  LOVE THEM!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sarie. It means a lot. I love you!

B said...

Happy anniversary, yous twos. :)