My friend Lenay is a photographer here in town. A few months back at a Relief Society activity we talked about the idea of swapping newborn photo shoots (she is due at the beginning of June). So a week after Aimee was born she came over and spent an hour and a half with us. She used to work for Bella Baby Photography and it was evident that she was accustomed to working with newborns. When Aimee would get fussy she'd gently press a soft blanket to her arms and it magically helped her settle down. In any case, she did a wonderful job and I'm grateful to have these pictures officially documenting our now family of six.
She had a few different props and I opted for this cradle with a heart since Aimee's name means loved. The pink blanket is from Mémé and since has been transformed into an adorable blanket for Aimee to carry around and snuggle with.
I just love these few shots of Brie with her baby sister.
When trying to figure out outfits for the shoot I was considering doing neutral. Then I decided that with a second girl in our family I wanted to go super girly...lots of pink, tulle and this ridiculously large flower headband ;0) As over the top as it was, I love how it all turned out.
Aimee's tulle skirt is special because it was given to her by her Grauntie Elaine, one of the dear "beloved" women that she is named after.
This one with Dad and you girls is another favorite. He loves his girls!
We had to get one with Alex and his adored Aimee :0)
This is the birth announcement I came up with to send out to {great} grandparents..."April showers brought our family a beautiful baby girl, then May flowers."
That gorgeous blossoming tree is our neighbors. Those branches were reaching over our fence the week Aimee was born and I couldn't resist including them with the announcement. What a beautiful time for a baby girl to be born. The little closeup shot I took one afternoon. I had just fed you, Aimee, in my craft room and propped you up on a pillow so I could work on thank you cards. You often rest on me like that after nursing and I just had to snag a shot. I grabbed the headband to complete the look and my camera and just happened to get one of you smiling. I just love how it turned out.





















No comments:
Post a Comment