Dad & I had been hoping to have an overnight getaway before Aimee's birth, but living out of state from family, we weren't sure how we'd make it work. While finalizing details to our quick trip to Utah I realized that you kids would already be at Aunt Julie's & Uncle Walt's over night so I asked if they could watch you while we did a getaway. Aunt Julie said that of course they could, but that we needed to at least extend our morning long enough to have a nice breakfast too. How sweet is that? After the wedding dinner we were going to stay at a hotel downtown, but it'd been a wonderful and full day and we weren't feeling very ambitious. We ended up just driving across the Thanksgiving Point parking lot and stayed in one of the Marriott's there.
The next day we had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel bistro and took time to count the blessings from the trip. Afterwards we stopped in the gift shop, got a cute little sign for our house (We don't have it all together, but together we have everything.) and Dad thoughtfully suggested that I pick out a few scarves to buy for myself. That sweet man.
I sure love your Dad and was grateful that I we got to spend one-on-one time together and that we had a chance to think back on our own sealing day and celebrations. How blessed I am to be sealed to him for eternity! I hope that each of you find an equally wonderful spouse someday.



No comments:
Post a Comment