Monday, August 25, 2014

5th graders are too loud.

Brie, your first week of school went really well til Friday.  You were eating your lunch when I came to pick you up because apparently your stomach hurt at lunch time, you missed us and wanted to come home :0( On the short drive home you asked how many more years of school you had.  I didn't have the heart to tell you the truth (LOTS) so I told you "several."  You replied, "that's too many."  And went on to tell me how you missed being at home and felt like you didn't have time to do anything with us anymore.  I emphasized that the weekends were filled with fun family time, but this morning you needed a lot of convincing to go back to school.  When Dad & I asked you why you didn't want to go back you said that the 5th graders were too loud at lunch, you missed being with us and you couldn't do monkey bars like Eden.  Today seemed to go better and although I miss you too each day, I hope you can see all the fun things about Kindergarten.

1 comment:

B said...

Oh bless her heart. I agree, Brie--5th graders ARE too loud. We feel for you and with you over here. Glad it was a better day the next day!