Sunday, August 3, 2014

True and Living God.

Lately I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety, worry...depression is probably in the mix.  Generally just not wanting to face my challenges and instead trying to escape them.  But you can run, but not hide, eh?  In any case, the other day I was having a moment of frustration and unlocked my phone to check my email.  Without consciously realizing it I was instantly sucked in to a myriad of ads, things that seemed to call for my little allowance, things that I never knew I had always wanted ;0)  Next I opened Facebook and felt barraged by a slew of opinions, happenings, frustrations, politics, and so on.  For whatever reason this time in particular struck me differently than most times and I desired to wade through the worldly and find my faithful, all-knowing and loving Father.  After all He is the true and living God.  He is the one who can safely guide me through the whirlwinds and storms of life.  I was grateful for that moment of clarity and hope that I my desires can be changed and that I can more often to turn to Him and not to the alternative.

1 comment:

B said...

Me too. Beautifully said.