(2 August 2014)
At the beginning of the month we drove to St. Louis to be present for the sealing of Ben & Ashley to their newly adopted son, Deven. It was such a sweet experience. It reminded me how the Lord wants us to be fully committed to our families, that the going will not always be easy, but that we can make it through... especially if we remember to include the Lord in our relationships. It gave me a stronger desire to try harder with Alex. We are still having {what seems like} many ups and downs. The super intense moments aren't as frequent, but I still lose my temper too often :0( We'll get there, baby steps. Last week I finished reading "the Peacegiver." It really opened my eyes to how we each need the Savior and how He is always there to bring us peace. I pray that I can petition the Lord more often to help me fight the inner battles that I face. I'm grateful how the temple helps to give us a much broader and eternal perspective and reminds me that it's all worth it. Now I just need to keep that focus on a daily basis...





No comments:
Post a Comment