Monday, October 5, 2015

10 yrs since the MTC.



It turned out that we were in Provo on 6 July, 10 years since I had entered the Provo MTC (Missionary Training Center).  We drove down 9th East, parked across the street and walked over to the entrance of the MTC.  I was planning on getting a family picture in front of the famous sign (where EVERY missonary got a picture taken back in the day), but it's no longer there...so we got this picture by the fence instead.  The important part was showing you kids where dad and I had spent time as missionaries (Dad a few years before me), learning our respective mission languages, sharing our testimonies, and studying the gospel.  It was a singular time and it brought tears to my eyes to think of the special and spiritual time that I spent there.

"10 years ago today I entered the MTC to serve a mission (Canada Montreal Mission) for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The 9 weeks I spent there were joyful in so many ways. I am forever grateful that I had such a wonderful companion, Sister Briskey...and for my awesome district and teachers!!" (as posted on Facebook)

Afterwards we drove by the Provo Temple.  It brought back so many memories of crossing 9th East as missionaries to do a session in the temple and being warmly greeted by Sister Rhonda Norton from the PV6th ward.  And then all the wonderful memories of attending the good ol' Provo temple with Dad in our pre-dating, dating, engagement, WEDDING DAY and newly wed days.  What happy times. Afterwards we had lunch at the Creamery on 9th, their famously delicious ice cream and all!  It was a wonderful morning walking down memory lane.

No comments: