Aimee, I think the inspiration for your party was finding this adorable headband ($3 at Cute as a Button) for an even more adorable baby girl to wear on her 1st birthday. Especially since I call you my sweet muffin and sugar pie. I thought cupcakes fit right in there with the sweets theme :0) I also knew that I wanted to use similar colors (different shades of pink with gold) and elements (the fabric garland that had been on your bassinet, gold dots from the wall, picture frames, and paper flower garland) from your baby corner. The rest just kind of came together.
Mémé had sent cherry chip cake mix and frosting for Valentine's Day, but I set it aside to use for your party.
It was sad not being able to share your first birthday with family, so we thought of who we could invite from town. I thought of several families and individuals who had been instrumental or involved in your first year somehow (The Cashes, Stacee Madsen, The Nowlands, Olivia Ross), but didn't want to invite a bunch of people over and be anxious and ovewhelmed instead of celebrating you. So we decided on one cute Brazilian family, the Gregorians, from the ward who have always doted over you.
We opened presents first. 90% of what you got was clothes (including 2 beautiful dresses from the Gregorians and from the Nowlands). Dad & I bought you a few snacks and a fun music stand up toy from a garage sale, but the majority of what we got were outfits. Boring yes, but I had so much fun shopping for CUTE little outfits for our sweet girl. The whole family got in to the present opening, as you can see by the picture Kelly snapped :0)
The only funny thing about having an extra family there was that you were bashful with all the extra attention. You barely ate your cupcake (just the cherry off the top) and were shyly staring at the little crowd surrounding your highchair. We did get a few great smiles, but had to coax them out of you...
...until Dad came and stole the show! You lit right up as he was teasingly playing keep away with your spoon. It was so sweet to see! And there you have it, your 1st birthday celebration.
Aimee how are you already ONE?! This last year has flown! But we just have LOVED having you in our family. If I were to sum up your sweet little self, I would include that you...
-are getting more and more mobile. You've reached the ATB (All Terrain Baby) stage where you are all over the place. You officially started crawling in the middle of April and have really taken off. A few weeks ago you started going up the stairs and are getting pretty fast. I have to keep an eye on you though since you don't know how to get back down. You are started to pull yourself up next to things and it won't be long before you start taking your first steps.
-are eating mainly table foods now. We will occasionally mix the remaining purées with dry cereal, but most often we are feeding you some sort of version of what we're eating: cereal, pears, peaches, bananas, bread, cheese, graham crackers, crackers, {frozen} peas, corn, beans, etc.
-have the SWEETEST smile! I just love seeing you smile with your 4 little teeth (2 hippo teeth on the top and hamster teeth on the bottom) :0)
-are getting weaned sooner than I would like, but with a procedure coming up in a few weeks and then Dad and my trip in June, it's better that you're used to not nursing all the time. However, I am still hanging on to our morning "breakfast in bed". I love snuggling you close, nursing you, singing to you ("Good Morning" or "You Are My Sunshine") or reading to you from "Le Livre de Mormon".
-are finding your voice and are starting to get squawky and loud! I guess you need a little bit of that being the 4th and having 2 older brothers.
-and I enjoy reading baby books each day.
-love taking a bath and splashing in the water!
-do the funniest thing when you are pooping. You sprawl out on the floor in a tight line and become stiff as a board. It's too funny.
-are always trying to grab my phone. If you're holding it you start squeaking with excitement as if you're talking on it :0)
-babble a lot. I love to hear the sounds that you make and am excited for when I can understand more of what you're trying to say. The words that I can identify at this point are: Dada, Mama and Uh-oh.
-are still the celebrity sibling. Your brothers and sister just LOVE to wake you up and see you when you wake up. They are often helping you with toys, on the stairs, etc.
-usually sleep in Brie's room now. You have a pack 'n play in there and still in our closet. Depending on what's most convenient we pick where you nap and sleep during the night. For the last month or so you've done a really great job sleeping through the night. Hooray!!!
-are SO loved little one.
Thanks for being in our family, sweet Aimee!













No comments:
Post a Comment