Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tim Horton's to Chubby Chicken.


I don't know if you remember but back in May (or was it June?) our hard drive crashed and I lost all of our photos from our trip to Seattle and BC! I won't be able to get back any of the precious pictures we took with Brie and Grandpa and Grandma Graden while staying at their home, BUT Justin and Rebecca were so sweet and burnt me a copy of the photos from our stay with them.
SO, here is a belated account of our
awesome time with them in British Columbia!

DAY ONE
(12 May 2009)

Leaving their apartment for our first day of adventures.
Brie looks like she's not sure about all this :0)

The adorable Soderquist family, fishing poles and all.

NO, no...just kidding here.
We did have her properly fastened in her car seat :0)

So at the beginning of the day--after our departure being delayed many times thanks to our two little sweeties Julia and Brie--we decided that we'd write down our itinerary at the END of the day!


1) Drove by the Langley Temple, under construction, but exciting!


2) Pit stop and donut run at Tim Horton's. Where else, you're in Canada, eh?! :0)

(I think we'd been on the road for a grand total of 10 minutes!)


3) Visited Shannon falls---BEAUTIFUL!


As Rebecca put so well, now THAT's a real man! :0)


(Brie all bundled up in a Snugli and MANY layers. Too cute!)



4) Took a stroll at a beautiful lake another pit stop
(Yet ANOTHER layer...thank heavens for dads, eh?)

Me after using a stinky outhouse. Yuck.
And have I mentioned that I have this odd fear of a bug
or a snake biting my bum while using one of these beauties?!

Justin and Bry scoping out the water.
Only one thing on their minds: FISHING :0)

(The Soderquist's Subaru...
...has taken them on many an adventure :0))



5) Visited Stanley Park. WOW. Beautiful place with A LOT of potential for fun.

Brie and Me.
(Poor girl was pumped full of formula by the end of this trip.
It was the only way to keep her happy while on the road.)

Me, Brie, Rebecca and Julia.

Rebecca and Julia. Sweet.

Our little family.
(Check out Brie's hat, cowboy style :0))

Beautiful views.




6) Cruised through Vancouver


(I'm probably a nerd, but I thought it was so cool
how the builidings reflected off of the car's roof and windows :0))


7) Got dinner from Chubby Chicken's/A & W (Hence the picture at the top of the post.)

What a FUN day!
Next BC post will be about the boys gone fishin'
while the girls had fun at home making poutine :0)

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

Looks like fun! I too have a fear of something biting my bum while using an outhouse.

B said...

Awwww, I LOVE IT! Like Jessica, I share your fear of outhouses (my cousin Heber put a snake IN one once at a reunion and ever since then, I've been creeped out). And if you're a nerd about the reflections in the car, than we are too 'cause we love those pictures!