Sunday, August 2, 2009

Making good on promised birthday fun.

So our cute nieces, Jocelyn and Jessica, both celebrated birthdays at the beginning of July. (In June we had great plans of making their birthdays special, but ended up s p r e a d i n g out the fun. We didn't make it up to Stansbury Park to celebrate until just this last week.) Instead of buying gifts we thought it'd be more fun to do a dinner/movie sleepover, and I'm so glad we did. We had such a great time!
Here I am with Jocelyn, Jessica and Brie. Bry kindly humoured me...I wanted a picture since we all happened to be in pink. I know, I know...

For dinner we brought up supplies to make pizzas. Such an easy yet fun way to have pizza, especially with kids involved.

For dessert we made our own "Coldstone" creations...the girls were in heaven. After they thoroughly mixed all their mix-ins in...they both had purplely looking icecream. One of the girls pointed out that the purple sky matched. Now that's my kind of observation :0)

To finish off the evening we told the girls that we'd watch one of their favorite movies. I was impressed by the four options that they picked...all such fun classics! We ended up going with "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."

In the morning we got up and made french toast and sausage and played a quick game of "King, Queen, Beggar" before leaving.

Thank you Hamiltons. We had such a WONDERFUL time!! :0)

P.S. After reading my most recent posts, I've decided that apparently every happy moment for me involves friends, family and food. Sounds good to me :0)

1 comment:

Denise said...

I've never seen that movie. We'll have to rent it over here.