So usually I have to include a picture in every post...it just seems naked otherwise, BUT... I wanted to write a few thoughts down, am feeling under the weather and don't want to bother with uploading pictures from my camera at the moment.
Almost 4 years ago I started my mission in Québec City. Although the Québecois accent and expressions seemed so foreign, along with many other things, I felt so welcomed by the wonderful members in the branch where I was serving. Among those members was a big-hearted, FUN and loving couple, Jules and Jeannette Lefebvre. (Jeannette was the Relief Society president and Jules wasn't a member of the church...not yet!) They warmly welcomed my companion and I, one Sunday a month, into their home for supper. What a warm home, delicious food and wonderful company. I loved being there and felt so at home with them. I ended up spending the first 7 months of my mission in Québec City so it really felt like a home away from home.
A month ago, after 14 years of marriage---dear Jeannette who had been waiting and fasting and praying and waiting some more for her husband to join the church---Jules was baptized!! :0)
Then after 20 years of being in the church and wanting to come to SLC Jeannette finally made it to Utah...Jules getting to come to Salt Lake City (and already seeing 5 temples!) after only 1 month of being in the church :0)
They, as well as one of their dear dear friends---Marie Hélène---are staying with us for a few days, and what a joy it has been! It's wonderful having a family from my home away from home come stay in my home (well, my parents' home :0)). I have so loved catching up with them, having them meet my dear Bry and sweet Brie...speaking French and Québecois, English and Franglais, and reminiscing about my mission. What sweet, wonderful memories that I will always hold dear. How blessed I was to serve among the people of Québec!
Pink Moon Palette
1 year ago


2 comments:
Quebec is amazing!I'm taking Jeremy there next time we go home :)
Those three were so FUN!!! Like extended family!
Post a Comment