Since General Conference in April, Bryan and I have been trying to make a more concerted effort to have the temple be more central for our family.
I must admit that I have often taken the temple for granted, and that it's easy to give into excuses and find reasons why not to go. I have found my testimony lacking, but I know that as I put forth greater efforts to gain a greater testimony of the temple that the Lord will bless me... bless me more than I even know. If I find myself not having a very meaningful or fulfulling time at the temple it is probably because I haven't taken the time to make it meaningful...I haven't prepared, I haven't put my heart into it.
Just like anything else,
the law of the harvest applies here as well.
In any case, I have felt progress the last few months as I have more frequently made it a point to be at the temple....whether for participating in ordinances, strolling around the grounds, taking part in openhouses and so on.
Brie's first time at the Provo Temple...during a morning walk with dad and Bryan. (Here she was looking up at the statue of Angel Moroni. What a tender expression.)I LOVE how well maintained the temple grounds always are.
Look at those flowers...they are amazing!
A few shots of the Logan Temple while visiting last weekend.(Tickets for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication.)
Such a moving and motivating experience.
Impromptu stroll around the Provo Temple grounds after the temple dedication. It was neat to be there with family...
especially to have Lilli, Isaac and Brie with us.
(AND, two years from this date Bry and I were sealed here.)
Any thoughts on how we can make the temple a more integral part of our daily lives?


1 comment:
It takes us about an hour and a half to get to the temple here. I like listening to hymns on my Ipod or reading General Conference to get in the spirit on the way.
Post a Comment