Wednesday, July 17, 2013

getting Alex up...

...from his nap is always amusing.  Yesterday the first thing he said (as I was unzipping his pea pod) was, "I"m eating boogers."  Lovely, Alex...just charming ;0)  The day before I was talking to my Mom on the phone, he held his Lightning Mcqueen up to the phone so she could "see" it and said, "Lightning Mcqueen took a nap."  When she suggested watching "Cars" next time we're in town he jumped up and shouted, "Yay!  Ka chow, ka chow!"  Right now as I type this, Alex is calling from his pea pod, "I have a hair in my mouth."  Poor kid, probably belongs to me.  Darn postpartum shedding.

Recently Alex has started saying, "Yeah, that's right."  Like when I was instructing him {again!} that we don't go in the parking lot because it's dangerous...he responded, "yeah, that's right."  A little later while we were talking he said, "If I do it again, I get another time out."  Sure do kiddo ;0)  Oh he kills me!  The other day he was wiggling around on his bed and giggling while I was helping Bry get him ready for bed.  I blurted out, "You are just so alive!"  Boy is it true; he is SO full of life!  I feel like I constantly have to be on my guard with him (he keeps me on my toes AND on my knees...praying for help ;0)), but for the life of me I am trying so hard to not be as uptight.  He is too funny and says the darndest things and I don't want to let that pass me by because of my crankiness.  Keep it up Alex, crazy, full of life and all...and I'll do my best to smile.  We love you :0)

No comments: