Thursday, July 18, 2013

a little answer to prayer.


Last weekend we all went to the temple so Bry & I could take turns going in to do temple work. It was so nice to be there doing temple work for two of Bry's ancestors (thanks to his Dad sending us a few names!) and for some friends' ancestors as well.  Plus, I just love the peace and calm I feel while I'm there.

I have to admit that the calm dissipated quickly as I came out and Elijah greeted me with a blow out and the kids (having already been walking around outside with Bry for over an hour) were getting ancy.  Snack time in the car helped and then we strolled the temple grounds for a bit.  The weather was very nice considering how hot and humid it usually is in the middle of July, but it was still a little warm for my liking (sure lost the scarf as soon as I figured that one out).  I was snapping pictures of the flowers and kids when Alex announced that he had lost Lightning Mcqueen (when does this kid NOT lose his little car?!?! ;0)).  Of course it was lost in very tall and thick grass.  I was feeling a little frustrated, but had the thought to use this as a teaching moment.  I suggested to Alex that he pray to have help finding it.  He knelt down on the cement bench and offered a little prayer then we all started looking.  Within a minute or so Alex excitedly pulled the car out of the grass!  What a loving Heavenly Father we have, interested in His little 2 year old boy who is looking for his favorite car...and concerned about His daughter who is trying to keep it together.  God is good.  We then said a little prayer of thanks.  (I'm trying to be better at that, thanking Heavenly Father for His help and blessings and not just asking for them.)  It was a sweet moment in the shade, before we found ourselves strolling in the sun, sweaty...and Alex stampeding the flower beds as we went.  So representative of how life is around here.  Lots of tantrums, meltdowns, whining and messes (by me & the kids ;0)) punctuated with sweet and joyful moments.  Recording these things, in part, is me trying to hold on to the good times.  Otherwise I feel like I'm floundering just trying to stay afloat, and forget how blessed I am!

No comments: