My 33rd birthday was a great one. I love all things "southern" (biscuits, steak, country dancing, etc.) and decided this year that I wanted to do a southern celebration for my birthday. Dad & I bought a giant paper star and fun mini jams and some Fitz's Cream Soda (from a Route 66 stop on our day trip to St. Louis).
The day of I got our traditional streusel cake breakfast. Brie, you stayed up late with dad hand sewing me a little doll made out of felt. It was SO cute and sweet of you! I had all of my groundhog gear (from Punxsutawney) put up around the house and Facetimed and texted with Aunt Rach throughout the day. For lunch one of my visiting teachers, Sarah Jensen, watched you boys while Dad, Aimee & I went to Kelly's Café for the perfect lunch (soup and sandwich) for the cold and rainy day that it was. Dad made the steak and potatotes, but you guys were hunger and cranky and wanting attention so our original plans went by the way side and I finished up dinner prep while he played with you kids. We ended up having a late dinner, but it was delicious. Afterwards we did some country dancing and laid on our picnic blanket (Alex's idea) under the glow-in-the-dark stars :0) It was a wonderful day and I'm grateful to be one year older and to have each of you.



No comments:
Post a Comment