Thursday, May 12, 2016

windows of Heaven.

I just have to take a moment and record how blessed we've felt temporally lately.  This year dad and I decided to look at our budgets and finances on a year basis....what is priority for this year?  As one {of many!} budgets we decided that we would like a few more furniture items for the house, but didn't want to allot a lot to buying them new.  Within no more than two weeks the 3 big tickets items providentially landed in our laps for FREE: a couch, a cabinet for our movie room and a computer for dad.  We really felt like the Lord was watching out for us and blessing our efforts to be frugal in this area.  As things warmed up you kids started playing in the backyard.  Because of frequent rain it is often muddy so we declared that "Crocs" or galoshes were necessary for playing outside.  Alex had outgrown his Crocs from last year and with a little persistent nudging from Brie, let Lij have them, even though it meant he wouldn't have any to wear.  Well, I kept Crocs for Alex on the back of my mind as I did my normal shopping.  Within a few weeks I was at "Cute as a Button" and there were a pair of size 12 Crocs for $6!  And they looked kind of robotic and lit up.  They would be perfect for Alex and I felt so grateful that God had blessed me to find them.  Lately I've been looking for a good {and cute} travel bag.  I checked my normal Walmart and Target and Amazon,but didn't want to pay $40+ for one.  Today you kids and I went garage saling.  Before looking at the first house I said a silent prayer that if there were useful things to be found that I could find them.  Within 10 seconds I found a red vintage American Tourister travel bag for $10!  At the next 4 houses I found a in-good-shape pair of Nike shoes for Brie (size 2 for 2nd grade for $3) and a double layer winter coat for Alex (size 5-6 for $5).  Blessings!  I was relaying the travel bag story to dad at dinner tonight and he commented about how these were blessings from paying our tithing.  We give so little and the Lord opens up the windows of Heaven.  We learn to trust the Lord and He pours out more blessings than we can receive.  They aren't always temporal blessings, but these kind surely have been prevalent and apparent for our little family and I wanted to make sure and record it!

No comments: