I just have to take a moment to say...Mom and Elaine and Em and Lisa...you inspire me with your creativity! Your gift wrapping is no exception. You've made it an art, seriously. WOW. I couldn't help but take pictures of my presents before I unwrapped them :0)
My family is big into stockings. Growing up it was often in our stockings where we'd find our smallest yet most expensive gifts. Over the years my Mom has been in charge of filling the stockings, and has always found the perfect things. This year, however, she decided that we should all draw names...she would give us a spending limit, and we would be in charge of filling that person's stocking. I thought it was a GREAT idea! It was so fun being an elf for my Mom :0) Anyway, Rach had my stocking and she found the cutest things. Thanks Pook!...
(Sidenote: I had Tim, Rach had me, Bry had Rach, Em had Bry,Tim had Dad, Mom had Em, and Dad had Mom.)
But no one can compete with a certain stocking last year...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(The nurses brought Brie to me in a Christmas stocking. How cute is that?)
So this year we decided to bring Brie upstairs in her stocking.
That petite little peanut still fit in it :0)

Aunt Elaine (Grauntie) & Uncle Bob (Gruncle) have also been a part of our Christmas morning tradition for the last several years. It is SO fun and special having them join us.
She actually HAS toys now! Bry and I have just been using household items to keep her occupied--toilet paper roll, cassette tape case, baby clothes hangers, old boxes, etc. Whatever works :0)
It was SO fun having Brie with us for Christmas. She was only a few weeks old last year, so it was fun to watch her get excited about the wrapping paper, candy canes, and new toys.
She is the best bundle of joy we could ever ask for!


After we finished opening presents we sat down for a delicious Christmas breakfast--Em's casserole, orange rolls (thanks to Elaine) and orange juice. Yum.This year I started to realize that the true presents I could give my family were not things that could be wrapped up. That when it came down to it, the most meaningful and long-lasting gifts would be my gifts of time, of love, of service. Christmas would seem so empty without those gifts, ya know?....But I won't lie, there is something special and magical about Christmas morning and the gifts that we give...and I love that I get to share those moments with my loved ones each year. Yay for Christmas traditions!
Thank you Pops & Biscus, Bem, Pook, Timmers, Bry, and Elaine & Bob for your thoughtfulness and generosity. I so enjoyed spending Christmas with all of you!
**Up next, Christmas with the Gradens :0)**
**Up next, Christmas with the Gradens :0)**



2 comments:
Brie in the stocking cracked me up. That's a great idea. We have HUGE stockings and I'm going to see if I can get Abby in it.
My favorite is about how Brie has toys now instead of household items. I was laughing outloud. It's true though...whatever floats their boat Hahaha. You had such a fun, full Christmas! I love that you can make so many posts out of it and I'm looking forward to the next one :)
Post a Comment