Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Little Miss Brie is One.

Crazy that it's already been a year since Brie's birthday. It actually seems like forever since I was in the American Fork Hospital laboring to bring our sweet Brie into our family. I can't help but think of and thank my "crew" (Bry, my Mom, Aunt Elaine, Em, Rach and the nurses and doctor of course) who helped me in the very intense and tiring process. I couldn't have done it without their help.

It was an amazing moment when our nurse Kimmy placed Brie on my chest and I was able to hold her for the first time and to meet this dear daughter whose birth I had so excitedly awaited.

That first week at home was a rough one. I never knew postpartum recovery could be so challenging and painful, but we made it through.

And here we are a year later, having so many wonderful memories to look back on from this first year with Brie. Many times, while speaking of the joy of having each of their children, Grandpa and Grandma Stevenson have asked, "Can you remember your life without her?" NO. It seems like she's always been with us, and I wouldn't have it any other way :0) Brie has brought so much joy and life and laughter into our home. I sure love that girl...her cute crinkled up nose when she smiles, her nasaly laugh, the way she shoves handfuls of food into her mouth, how she cruises around the room hanging onto furniture, grabs for her blankie when getting out of her crib, when she beelines it to the bathroom when she hears it's bath time, how she is playful and giggly, adores her dada, is constantly exploring and discovering, her "uh-oh's" and "WOOOW's", how giddy she gets when she hears the words, "miss bunny" and "blankie", when she sings along to music, how much she loves to "talk" and make new noises, and among many other things, when she pats the nearest thing in sight when we ask her to say "please" :0)

Oh our sweet, strong, curious, dramatic Brie...
thank you for coming to our family. We sure love you!

Happy 1st Birthday!! :0)

3 comments:

Mamma Julz said...

I'm SO glad you wrote this up. It describes her perfectly! What a joy it has been to be her Nana Julz, and to become her friend. I am richly blessed and filled to overflowing! Happy Birthday, Brie! Love, Nana

Denise said...

So glad we got to meet the sweet and adorable Brie! Happy Birthday!

B said...

Happy first birthday, little Brie! What a joy you are!! (I loved your descriptions, Sarah. That was written with "Mommy Magic" that brought it home straight to my heart :) )

We are bringing a present to Utah for you.