Monday, December 7, 2009

A Day of Thanksgiving.

Most of my family were out of town (On a brigada in El Salvador) over Thanksgiving so Bry and I decided to host Thanksgiving at my Parents' home. After all, it will probably be the first and last time we host such an event for several years!

Bryan and I had a great time working together to set the table and make our part of the meal. I sure love how well we work together.

1 + 1 = 5 ... Synergy, isn't it great?

Side Note: I am still trying to figure out the line between overdoing things and making things nice. For me occasions feel more special when they are set apart from normal days...whether it's with nicer dishes, a few decorations, special traditions etc. But you can definitely go overboard. Hmm....anyway....

All the food was fragrant and delicious, but my favorite part of Thanksgiving was spending the whole day with family. Eating, sharing thoughts on gratitude, hearing Dad (Graden) talk about "Three Cups of Tea", taking a family stroll, hearing Jon beautifully play the viola, playing games and just catching up. What a wonderful day with SO much to be grateful for!


1 comment:

Meghan said...

simply gorgeous! and Thanksgiving is all about feasting, so why not a feast for the eyes, too?