The story goes that my Dad asked Brie how old she was and this was her reply. Staged or not, it's cute nonetheless :0)I was going to do an animal theme for Brie's birthday (kind of like I did for Julie's baby shower) and just use stuffed animals from around the house. While brainstorming with Em about all of the details we thought of theming it on Olivia--an adorable children's book. Olivia is known as the "precocious little piglet" who sings loudly, is always on the go and wears people out. Hmm, it reminded me of a little someone that I know ;0)
Here I am flipping through one of my favorite Olivia books, explaining how Brie is our precocious little piglet. All the while she was singing and talking...LOUDLY, it was perfect :0)
Anyway, as many of you know I really enjoy decorating, photography, design, colors...all that good stuff. I had a great time brainstorming inexpensive ways to pull off our Olivia theme. I ended up only purchasing a few things (the red gerbera daisy, streamers and a few prints of Brie). Not too shabby, eh? The rest of the things were around the house. (Among many things, my Mom let me use her hutch. I told Bryan after the party that we need to get ourselves a "holiday hutch." Someday :0)) Now Miss Olivia the Pig, on the other hand, was a gift from Brie's Grauntie! :0) Thank you Elaine.
Note: If ever you need to pull together an inexpensive party, pick a few colors and then search your house for items. It's amazing what things you find once you have your theme in mind.And here is the sweet Birthday Girl :0)...
(Throughout the pictures you'll notice this adorable "1" onesie. My very talented and creative friend made it. She has her own etsy shop where she sells similarly CUTE and crafty things. Click here to check it out online, All Things Crafty!)
Natalie and Logan DeVore were some of the first guests to arrive.And that little Logan sure got a kick out of Brie and her tutu.
Logan loved the tutu and Brie loved the attention. Win-win.
Brie with Aunt Ashley & Uncle Ben ANDthe adorable mouse they gave her.

Brie LOVES this little music maker.Thank you Grandpa & Nana Julz!!
Everyone hanging out, til the big moment arrived....
.
.
.
.
I wondered how she'd react to her cake.She just dove right in and by the end was covered with cake and frosting! (I just may have to devote another post to Brie and her cake. My Dad snapped some priceless shots :0))
Next came the opening of the presents...
Natalie, thanks for the adorable bear and the lotion.You can tell she was very excited about her lotion :0)
Alan & Liz, thanks for the hooded towel.Not only did it provide great birthday party entertainment,
but it's been great for bath times!
Cousin Lilli "helping" Brie open her present ;0)Julie & Walt, thank you for "What's Wrong Little Pookie."
We love it! What is there not to love about Sandra Boynton's books. Winners!
I think by this point Brie had the present opening down :0)Thank you, Elaine & Bob, for the ADORABLE gingerbread outfit.
Too, TOO cute!
After opening all of her presents, Brie took the party into her own hands and played peek-a-boo with her new towel. That little girl, what a cutie patootie!

The gang. Well most everyone(Julie, Natalie (& Logan) and Em had already left).
Our little birthday girl :0)
Although Em wasn't wanting to be in any pictures I had to sneak a few with her, the birthday girl, and the beautiful cupcake she made. It turned out SO cute! Thanks Schmemmie!!
Brie saying goodbye to her Grauntie.
As party favors, Em and I made cake pops. They were a hit! At the end of the evening Em had Brie eat the last one. You would have thought that she had reached her sugar limit, but no...she popped that thing right off the stick and shoved it in her mouth :0)THANKS EVERYONE for making Brie's birthday party so FUN!!


3 comments:
What a great party. I love the onesie! Tutus are the best for this age. The cupcake is huge. Even I wanted to shove it in my face!
yay!! Looks like Brie had one AWESOME birthday!! You are SO talented Sarah...I mean REALLY talented. :0)
Wow! Looks like a great party! And that cake is AMAZING!
Post a Comment