Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blurb : Great motivation to keep me blogging

Have you heard of www.blurb.com? It's an AWESOME website for making books. Thanks to them I just published my first book, ever.

200 full color pages = $25, family history = priceless :0)

Maybe I shouldn't admit it, but I was SO excited when it arrived. You know when your breath catches in the back of your throat? Yep, one of those moments. Anyhoo, here it is, in all it's plastic-wrapped glory...

The Bryan and Sarah Graden Family
Volume 1

Front Cover.

Back Cover.





Pretty cool, eh? Bry and I have decided that each year, as a Christmas present to our family, we're going to print out a book of our blog from that year. It'll be a way to add to our family history, one volume at a time. It's definitely given me motivation to keep up with my blogging.

(I was telling Bry that there is something about blogging that brings out my cheesiness. Gotta love it :0))

7 comments:

The Perry family said...

that turned out great! THat's what we want to do for Christmas too!

Holly said...

Ok, so I totally wanted to do this, but is it hard to put together the book? I don't know what I'm doing!

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

lovely! What company did you use?

Megs said...

i LOVE this! I've never heard of the website before but will definitely be checking it out soon! :)

Sarah said...

(For the record I always feel weird replying to comments because I have no idea if the original question asker will check back to see the answer. Oh well :0))

It wasn't too hard. There was a bit of a learning curve but once I figured out program it was pretty simple. Holly I'd be happy to show you how to use it if that would help. just let me know.

And Jacque...I used, www.blurb.com

Meghan said...

Sarah I want help! I have been wanting to do this for a while. I wish we lived closer together... anyway, I love your cheesiness and Cinderella pumpkin swirls dearly!

Denise said...

We're going to do that as well. What a great gift (and keepsake).