Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve-Eve.

Since Rach had to work (and my Parents and Tim were going on vacation) on Christmas day, we decided to celebrate with my family a day early. It was great being able to fully celebrate Christmas with both sides of the family.For the last several years (I'm not good at remembering specific dates, time periods...you could maybe go as far as saying decade.), my family has had the tradition of doing a Bethlehemesque meal for Christmas Eve dinner.

It usually consists of pita bread, crackers, hummus, dates, figs, grapes, crab salad, cheese, sparkling cider...and whatever else we're wanting to add. This year I made a cheese ball for the first time. Simple and yummy. It was a nice addition.

After dinner we got to talk to Elder Sheets who is currently on loan to the Romanian mission in Moldova :0) YAY! We sure love that guy, and were so happy to hear his voice and talk to him for a little bit. Crazy that he's already been gone over a year.

Before we headed downstairs to watch a Christmas movie and hit the hay with the siblings, Bryan and I gave each other our presents. It was quiet and peaceful, and the beautiful glow from the Christmas tree added a romantic touch ;0)

Ahead of time we had decided to ask for a spouse specific wish list...things that we would appreciate getting from our spouse. I've been wanting to spruce up my wardrobe, so I told Bry that I thought something like jewellry, clothes or pajamas would be fun, and specifically something that he thought would be cute on me. After all, it's so much more fun wearing something when you know your spouse likes it on you. True? :0) So...all that to say that he picked me out a shirt, some earrings and some bracelets. I was very impressed. Way to go Bry!

(us trying to take a "long arm shot" with a
semi heavy and awkward DSLR.)

We were going to have a big party/sleepover with my siblings, but it was already past midnight and I was way tired, so I did like I've always done...played party pooper and fell asleep :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I checked your blog today and none of these new posts were on it! Haha. I must have been driving home really slowly because BAM!...like four new posts. Hahaha. I actually did drive home at about 10 mph because I wanted to and I felt super safe...until a car came up behind me and I had to speed up :(. Thanks so much for having me over tonight! We definitely have to do it again soon!

Denise said...

What a great idea! I love Middle Eastern food but have never thought about having it for Christmas dinner. I really want to do that next year.